Skip to main content


Industry

Publishing House:



Dawn emerged as a front runner thanks largely to it's independent and progressive posturing. A seminal focus on subjects of political, philosophical and cultural import - including art and literature - earned it a niche as a trend-setter.

I've chosen Dawn as it already caters to my target market and has a well established English-speaking (or in this case reading) viewership, making it easier to market my media product and attract a suitable audience. Furthermore, Dawn encourages individuality and innovation and explores these topics in many ways which means that their established customers are more likely to approach the magazine with an open mind.

Distribution:

The magazine will be made available in print in urban areas (Lahore, Islamabad, Karachi) at central stores and coffee shops, approximately 300 copies per city- since indie music is a niche rather than something enjoyed by the masses. 'Rhapsody' will also be digitally distributed since according to the survey I conducted, a very high percentage of my target market prefers reading magazines online. This will be done under the Dawn flagship as well, with payment excepted by a variety of methods not limited to credit card, making transactions easier for the consumers. The price for a copy will be Rs 350, a reasonable price so it can be available to maximum people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The Beginning is Always Today" Forlorn, a girl stares out the window, unseeing. This world bores her. So she makes a new one. And then another. And another. And another. And another. That girl is me. Today marks the birth and creation of my blog which's purpose is to keep a record of the progress I've made on my foundation portfolio. Being seventeen and deeply intoxicated with the art of story telling and sharing said stories with the masses through a medium which brings us all together, taking Media Studies in my A levels was a natural choice.  Along with Psychology, Literature in English and History, it evolves my understanding of people and aids me in my aspiration of telling an exciting tale; mine. I look forward to telling you more about my project as it progresses and myself.  Keep reading!
Software To edit the cover picture for my final task, and creating the magazine cover itself, I'll be using Adobe Photoshop. This the software I used and practiced for my preliminary tasks and am therefore comfortable with the software, making it an apt choice. My acquaintance with the tools available and their location in the software only further aids my decision. I can foresee myself using certain tools like gray scale and the poly lasso tool which is going to help me refine the look of my magazine, bringing it to the standard of my target market. I look forward to my creative endeavors.  
Mood Board for Magazine Cover